I am bringing you a FABULOUS gluten-free banana bread recipe which was inspired by one of my favorite cook books (Run Fast Eat Slow), but due to being out of some ingredients, I had to make some swaps. So I present to you…(drum roll please)… banana oat almond bread!
And they are just as good as they look! These little guys are a perfect pre-run snack. I did not have the spelt flour or walnuts that the original recipe called for, so I swapped those for oat flour and almonds. You can also make this recipe in one big loaf or muffins, or if you have a mini loaf pan that works too! Give these guys a try and I promise you won’t regret it!
Banana Oat Almond Bread
- 1 1/2 c. oat flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temp.
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. mashed banana (3-4 ripe bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your baking pan.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together butter and sugar, then add bananas and vanilla until just combined.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until combined. Add almonds.
- If making muffins, bake 20-25 minutes. Loafs may take 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack and then enjoy!
I highly recommend the Run Fast Eat Slow cookbook to anyone looking for whole food recipes. There are so many great recipes I cannot wait to try! Now that I have a brand new Ninja, I am looking forward to whipping up some great meals for the remainder of spring break to complement my training. Happy hump day everyone! (oh and only 48 more days until Boston!!!)